Skip to main content

Reply to "Oh, Shortstopmom-I found it!"

Still Learning ...
quote:
I must confess I was feeling improvement, ate a little chocolate, a couple of choc. covered almonds, and paid a price

That gives a whole new meaning to a hangover, doesn't it? Must be something between the 'good food and drink' and your meds that causes conflict between vessel constriction and vessel dilation.

For me, the very thought of no chocolate gives me a headache, but I try not to keep any in the house because I cannot resist it ... no such thing as eating just one piece at a time. My husband always puts boxed See's candies (chocolates) in the freezer to keep for a long time ... been known to have a box in there for a year or more and the chocolate stays fine. I thought it would be a good idea to do likewise but guess what I learned? Frozen soft centered chocolates are actually better than the regular ones ... follow it up with a little cold cold milk and mmmm mmmm good.

If any of you ladies are out this way (somewhere out here ...) I would love to get together with you. Several of us mothers of older players connected through PM's several years ago and 6 of us were able to finally get together in San Francisco for a week-end of baseball and good food and fun. I strongly recommend it ... I can honestly say that I now have some very good friends that I didn't have 5 years ago and who I know I could call on for help at any time and know that they would be there. This is a wonderful wonderful site and has changed my life (and in some cases my outlook on life) remarkably ... and not just for baseball.