Skip to main content

Reply to "Ohio peeps: Lowdown on Marietta?"

Originally Posted by ClevelandDad:

Marietta is at the very top of the heap in terms of baseball tradition and winning.  They are contenders for the National Championship every year.  A teammate of my son won a ring there.  That said... 

I've driven through Marietta several times and been all over California many times.  Frankly, I think a California kid would have a tough time adjusting to that area of the country and being so far away from home.  I think it would be a bad fit although it would be a fine baseball opportunity. 

I should add, just for clarification,  that Ohio is not completely alien to the kid. Although he's never lived there, and is really a California kid through and through, we do still  have extended family all over the state -- mostly around Cleveland and Columbus and Dayton.  We actually visit Ohio once every couple of years, sometimes more often,  That's how the idea of an Ohio school as a possibility got into the equation in the first place.  He figured if he was going to go far away from home, he should at least go to a place where there are relatives he can go check out when really home sick or who can come and watch him play from time to time. 

Last edited by SluggerDad