Skip to main content

Reply to "Ohio peeps: Lowdown on Marietta?"

Otterbein has really been middle of the road in the OAC. They have started of the last couple of seasons well but the early schedule was pretty soft. They would build up quite a few wins before the OAC started and then come back down to earth. OWU had a player transfer out to Otterbein. He was a starter at 2nd as a freshman. Their was some family history with the Otterbein program though. I know several very good ball players who have chosen Ott in the last few years, but they cannot seem to get over the hump and get back to the top of the OAC. 

This year they are playing in the Rose-Hulman tourney and will see some good talent, this tournament happens after they get back from Florida. They do not have their Florida trip schedule posted yet. They do not have their 2015 roster up yet so I do not know how many recruits their are. I know of a shortstop from Watterson who chose Ott. My youngest used to play travel with him. My guess is that they will be middle of the road again this year. Some very good players but not enough depth.