Skip to main content

Reply to "Ohio University"

I know someone who was a grad assistant there last year. He has moved on to a position at another school, since he graduated. 

Their is a reasonably new coach, I think last spring was his second year. He was the recruiting co-coordinator at Creighton before taking the Ohio job. His first Summer their he kept as many kids on campus as he could so they could get bigger stronger and faster. He did not send any of his kids to summer ball. I believe that has changed now, that he has implemented the off season programs that he wants. 

He has done a good job of making the team better defensively, They have cut down on errors in the field by quite a bit. I still believe he needs more Offense. 

Coming from Creighton he understands the importance of academics, and stresses it to his players.

Way back when I knew several players who went to OU, way back when, but I do not known any body who has played there recently. 

When my son played in the Great Lakes league, he played at Bob Wren stadium. It is a great place to play. probably one of teh better fields in the GLSBL. The team has some pretty close ties with the Southern Ohio Copperheads that make bob Wren their summer home. 

Last edited by BishopLeftiesDad