Skip to main content

Reply to "Ohio University"

Originally Posted by bobbyaguho:
Originally Posted by SluggerDad:

Son got contacted out of the blue by Ohio University.  They are coming out our way for a showcase in our neighborhood.  They wrote to him to tell him that they are very interested in him, but understood that the trek to Ohio would be a long one for him, but they would like to meet him and  possibly see him play at said showcase.   Not a school that had been on our radar before now.   Anybody know anything about the program?

Sluggerdad,

Don't waste your time or money. Every year they send out of these letters to players in Southern California.My son received the same letter 3 years in a row.The only difference was the dates.A coach from Ohio U and a couple of directional school coaches host a "christmas showcase" at Northwoods High School in Orange County.Basically, It's a fundraiser for the coaches ! Christmas in SoCal !

Look at the roster of University of Ohio.How many SoCal or NoCal players do you see ? The answer is zero. Go back in time and the answer is still zero.

Off the top of my head here are midwest D1 schools that actively recruit San Diego/Orange County players:Indiana,Purdue,Michigan,Kent State,Nebraska,Valparaiso.Coaches from these schools(and more) are always in SoCal during the fall.

Ah, that was my first suspicion. Maybe we'll make use of the cell phone number in order to see if this is for real. 

Last edited by SluggerDad