Skip to main content

Reply to "Ok, Help me out!"

Eric- this is a question I have dealt with! Roll Eyes
When my daughter was 14 she begged for a belly-button ring. I said,"When you are 16 we will discuss it if you still want it". I really didn't have any objections, but my husband did and I felt that 14 was too young.

She turned 16 and still wanted it as she reminded us quite frequently. I said,"if you still want it when you are 17 and your Dad says OK, we can go for it.

She turned 17- it was the only thing she asked for for her birthday (already had the cell phone!!!) Razzand we went over and had it done.

My reasoning was that she is such a good kid, great grades, National Honor Society, AP classes, helps around the house- a lot- plays competitive Volleyball year round and still has time for church and volunteer work. This is a solid kid who wants the current hot item. I reminded my husband that he had long hair in highschool and turned out just fine.

She is thumb thumb as happy as a lark with it and it hasn't hurt her at all. I agree with the others who say, "Pick your battles". There are bigger issues out there. A belly button ring is, in my opinion, and adornment- not a freaky thing.!