Skip to main content

Reply to "Okay, Who Wins It All?"

quote:
Originally posted by infielddad:
I guess that is why they play the games.
The Giants will send out all those has-beens and cast offs like Huff, Uribe, Renteria, Sanchez, Ross, Burrell, Torres, fill in with a wide eyed rookie behind the plate in the 4 hole, stick a 21 year old out there as their starter in game 4 and probably get steam rolled.
Guess their team chemistry and grind, grind, grind mentality takes a back seat, but I don't know how that gets measured except by what we see on Fox?
No doubt the Rangers and Ron Washington have captured the public attention. When they ousted the Yankees, there were a lot of posts on this site.
When the Giants won on Saturday... nothing.
What a series this would have been with the Phillies and Rangers...except the cast offs and has-beens combined with great pitching to spoil that one.

With the Giants pitching alone, they take a back seat to no one imho.

I simply cannot wait for the game one matchup and the all the games that follow frankly. Very excited that these two teams are in it.

Even though the Rangers have an offensive reputation, they are still pretty good themselves at grinding and playing small ball if necessary.

Because of the pitching in this series on both sides, this might be one of the most exciting series that any of us have seen in a long time.