Skip to main content

Reply to "Old Timers, Please Weigh In!"

quote:
gamedayrocks,

You seem to be a lot like many other parents who care deeply about their children. Only you appear to be much smarter and have a much better attitude than most.

It's kind of neat following this thread and seeing the way you have responded to some good suggestions from others. My guess is that you will find your own answers. In the meantime I think you have earned the respect of those around here.

I have said it once and I am saying it again, you come on here and ask for advice, you listen and you dont defend yourself all the time.Your willing to look at the situation and see how YOU might improve it.As I said to you once before I like your posts.

You sound like a mom, just like me and others.It is hard when you see potential,its normal for us moms to want our sons to be the best they can be.

But the comment about D1 being hard is true.It is a lot of work.My son is a soph. in his first year at a 4 year school playing baseball.It is not an exaggeration.You have to love it.

I remember Coach may saying you better love it on a thread one time.It is true. Let him have his space this summer.We just did local tourneys on the weekends after frosh year.Dont push the whole showcase stuff yet.Absolutely not neccessary. Good luck your doing great.

If you ever need to cry send me a PM.