Skip to main content

Reply to "olympics"

I can watch any skiiing event. It's exciting to watch when you can see the athlete is nailing it. Hannah Kearney's freestyle run was exciting. When she finished she knew she nailed it. While not a major upset, it was an upset beating Jenn Heil the favorite and defending Olympic champion. I can also watch any snow boarding, speed skating event, and hockey. I love watching the X Games oriented ski and boarding events.

If you've never been to an Olympics it's hard to understand the feeling of just being there. It makes you proud to be an American. You'll attend almost any event to be part of it.

When the Olympics came to LA my roommates wanted to rent out the house and use the money to go to Europe. We stayed and had two incredible weeks of fun. We went to at least two events a day. Whether at events or at the beach where we lived it was a two week party. I have to admit I didn't have the issue the police had with the European women topless on the beach.

The best party I ever attended was at the LA Coliseum. When I hear Lionel Richie sing "All Night Long" I can still visualize being at the closing ceremonies. 100,000+ fans and athletes from countries all over the world were all dancing together.

quote:
Every time Old Glory goes up and the national anthem begins it NEVER gets old to me. Chills run up my back and I get choked up. It makes me proud to be an American, and I'm extraordinarily proud of these athletes.
Absolutely!
Last edited by RJM