Skip to main content

Reply to "On the verge of a decision."

Thanks everybody, I'll try and answer the questions from the recent posts.

So my thinking overall before this post (baseball wise) was 'if you commit to a D3, and if you hit the weight room hard and end up succeeding on the field, their is no real possibility of moving on.' You do the same at a Juco, and it's a much stronger possibility.

Academic wise - im fine GPA and ACT wise. But it is a plus for me to save money through the Juco, and have the baseball opportunity in place.

As for hopes of moving up levels, I think it's human nature to want to play at the highest level you can and succeed. And I feel confident if I go the Juco route, I would be able to make D1 or D2. Back in June I faced pitchers in a showcase who sat 86-88. I seen the ball well against them and I hit them well. One of the players I faced then recently committed to a D1.

Socially, I don't NEED the 'party' lifestyle, but in college I imagine it's going to happen. It would be more enjoyable if it were around college students. 

The Juco though has more unknowns: Apartments, food, more on your own type of atmosphere.

Thank you to everyone who has commented. This site is great as always.