Skip to main content

Reply to "Once You Letter"

CoachB25 posted:

First, google is your friend.  Google it for your state.  Secondly, I couldn't care less about the team an opponent puts on the field.  I have my team to coach.  Do you honestly think that a coach is running around identifying members of an opposing team as to whether they coached or not?  Do you think that this is something that is turned in to the state associations?  Hell no.  

Yes coaches do keep up with it and report it if there is a rule.   We had a team in our conference that kept up with every other team and would call and ask who played in the jv game so they could keep up with the innings each player played.  I refused to give them who played in the jv game because I was not going to be a part of that and I also did not care and never took a lineup from the other team.  It was JV.  Mine was JV was for getting better and as long as you held to some lineup I did not care.  We didn't keep a book.  I moved guys around the field and pitched the guys who I thought needed mound time whether they were freshman or seniors.  I've never known a state to have a rule like what is suggested but I know most have a total number of games or innings you can play.  Some conferences/regions have a rule you can't play seniors or you can't play a varsity starter on jv but not a state rule in most southern states.