Skip to main content

Reply to "One example of how HS stats become questionable."

proudhesmine posted:

With the confusion from time to time on certain plays I guess I should just feel luckiy that our coaches report nothing.Can't get that wrong.We don't even have a roster on max preps.Is that the norm with schools in other states.I'm in Il.

I won’t bother to comment here on a coach who doesn’t make stats public, but I will weigh in on not posting a roster. I don’t know what possible reason there could be not to make a roster available other than pure laziness. When I score a game, the 1st thing I do is go to MaxPreps and get the roster. It’s not scouting thing, it’s so I can get all the names and numbers ahead of time so I’m not trying to do it at the game. And what a PITA if your coach hasn’t posted a roster and you happen to have an exceptional player the scouts come to see. If they see another player that interests them they’ll bother the scorer for his information as though s/he’s the team press secretary.

Luckily, around here except for the very beginning of the season I never see a team that doesn’t post a roster at a minimum and it’s extremely rare not to post stats. As for the possibility of stats that aren’t 100% correct, all the coach has to do is get himself a team scorer that knows how to keep score! How difficult is that to do?