Skip to main content

Reply to "One Great Group"

Titantcoach,

"fine academic institutions need admission's approval before they even recruit a young man”

This is my point, there is no guarantee period. Until such time that the admissions sends the letter your not in and a coach can not make any statement to signify this..

The first level of admissions approval only signifies that he is candidate to enter the school and not that he will pass his interviews or that his records do not have any blemishes on them. The first go around in admission is for the coach to know how the young man SAT I, II and GPA Rank fit into his Academic Index..

TO: Students Interested in Ivy League Intercollegiate Athletics
FROM: Ivy League Deans and Directors of Admission and Directors of Athletics

“Recruitment of students who want to compete in Ivy intercollegiate athletics may involve substantial contact with coaches as well as admission officers. Ivy coaches are both expert in their respective sports and interested in and sensitive to the academic and social issues that concern college students. They are encouraged to be knowledgeable about institutional admissions and financial aid standards, and to be able to discuss those standards with prospective students.

* At each Ivy institution, however, only the Admissions Office has the authority to admit an applicant and only the Financial Aid Office has the authority to determine financial aid precisely and to notify students officially of their actual or estimated awards.

* Admissions Offices at each Ivy school may offer some athletic and other candidates a "likely" letter, which has the effect of a formal letter of admission provided the candidate continues to have a satisfactory secondary school experience. Coaches may initiate the requests for these letters, but only the office of admission can issue a"likely" letter.”
End quote

And by the way since I am on the Island I know the members of your team some personally. They are a great group of players who have accomplished a tremendous amount over the years. And can be considered one the most talented group of players The Island has assembled on one team in a very long time.

I hope the young man (DS) being recruited by Columbia gets in. It is a tremendous opportunity. I wish him and his family my prayers and support.

Try to not be so touchy, I did criticize what they have accomplished, I only criticized the announcement of something (Columbia) that may or may not be.

I never said I was an expert only that I am going through the process and have worked very hard to research it.

As for my Son if and when he has been admitted, I will decide to announce. Oh by the way since there are two signing periods (November, April) there is really no late announcement only opportunity..

Your right, my foolish attempt to state the facts.

Good luck Ray