Skip to main content

Reply to "One Middle School Baseball Experience"

When my son's HS team played the one inner-city team in the HS's division, where the kids don't have the equipment and the coach has to beg players to come out, the coach would pull up kids from JV and let others who didn't get a lot of time play the game.  I think your conclusion was right, your coach wanted to give others a chance.   

My son led an equipment drive just prior to Covid that delivered brand new cleats, bats, helmets, gloves, etc to this team (in their colors too).   I was looking forward to going to that game last spring but Covid had other ideas.

We have something called Abbott districts. So, this particular school gets extra to make up for what they might be lacking. Some schools in these Abbott districts actually have state of the art playing facilities whereas our school has crap fields. It's not for the lack of support that their baseball team suffers. More so, it's because the kids in the community aren't interested in baseball.

At our high school, the kids have been wearing the same uniforms for seven years now. We're not an Abbott district.