Skip to main content

Reply to "One proud Southpaw Pop I assume"

Now the latest news regarding son's first college start. The Southwestern game has been dis-allowed by the NCAA and this is what I know to this point. The game was played as a 7 inning contest. Southwestern did play a 7 inning contest with McMurray University the same day, losing 5-7. With that said, the 7 inning contest between Hardin-Simmons Univ and Southwestern Univ did not occur, because it should have been played as a 9 inning contest. I hope to learn more as information comes available.

Son was somewhat dis-appointed and took out his frustration on Schreiner University Friday, April 8th by throwing 7 innings of shutout ball, 1 hit & 6 Ks with great offense & defense support. Following his mound performance, his coach allowed the bullpen to close out the final 2 innings. Again, I applaud the HSU coaching staff. I hope the NCAA will give this player & parents the explanation deserved. If the second game on March 9th was decided not to be played after the first game was played, why punish those that competed as the game was required? I am sure HSU would have gone 9 innings, had notice of the 2nd game being cancelled or delayed occured to the HSU coaching staff or especially the game officials.

I noticed that Southwestern University is not showing this game result on their homepage.

I am soooo confused !

This confirms from the NCAA that the Southwestern game was considered a non-game. Schreiner U. recorded as 1st official win. I'm still confused! http://www.americansouthwestconf.org/m-baseball/awards.htm
Last edited by Southpaw Pop