Skip to main content

Reply to "One Recruiting Story"

@Francis7 posted:

That's a lot of stuff in a 3 year period. And, I'm convinced that it's all connected - attending that catchers camp, joining that team and meeting the pitcher, and switching teams with that pitcher to get aligned with an organization that had the connections to get the attention of coaches.

The story just proves that you never know what's going to lead to what in your recruiting journey. Something that seems like nothing might just be the springboard to something big happening. It all matters.

No question @Francis7.  But here is the thing....your son knew what he wanted and you helped him get there.   Your son made these opportunities possible by being fully engaged in his future.  I'm sure many of us can share a similar story of travel coaches, college coaches or regular people that have shared their recruiting experiences and opened up a handful of opportunities that we didn't know were there (or knew how to get there).   The thank-you-list is long, but we put ourselves out there asking a lot of questions and researching anything we could get our hands on especially as we changed our strategy and target schools half way through his high school junior year.

Serendipidity struck many times in my son's recruiting journey.  I could list a half-dozen events or chance meetings that eventually would land in my son's lap but in the end he made his own breaks through a lot of hard work on the field and in the classroom.  No doubt your son did the same.  Yes, it absolutely ALL matters.

Last edited by fenwaysouth