Skip to main content

Reply to "Only 70 Days!"

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 11sdad:
What would everyones pick be for the top 10 5A teams of 2008 in the DFW area?

In no order:
Allen- will have a lot of reloading to do. Lost entire OF, SS, 1B? and 2 of top 3 pitchers to grad. I wouldn't have in my top ten right now but since it is Allen, I am sure they have talent coming up
Coll. Heritage- they have some hitters but do they have pitching? If they have pitching, they will be tough.
Coppell- Lost top pitchers and hitters. Will Morris make-up the difference, some. They also have a 2010 pitcher who has a chance to be special.
Flower Mound- see Allen
FM Marcus- not sure I would put them in a top ten
Keller- Now that KD son is gone they have no chance Smile Keller will hit and have at least one bullet on the bump. Definite top 10
Plano East- Will be better on the bump (especially with PD son) but lost hitting. If Soph. and Jr. pick-up their game, top ten.
Rowlett- lost a ton and don't return any top pitchers. Loy will have to do it all.
Rockwall- not very familar with players.
SL Carroll- Lost one of the top pitchers in the area. They have a couple of other good arms, but how is their hitting?

Should be considered:
Wylie- best 2009 pitcher in the area combined with most of their best position players, minus cathcer.
Plano West- if they can find pitching they will be dangerous. All top hitters return.
Naaman Forest- lost a lot, but always seem to be competitive
South Garland- ?
Hebron- if they find pitching, they have good hitters.
Newman Smith- may surprise some people. Searching for pitching depth.
Jesuit- a lot of players back from last years team

Beast, might want to add Denton Ryan to the list you gave for 4A.