Skip to main content

Reply to "Open letter to Kenny Williams"

quote:
Originally posted by BeenthereIL:
Dear Kenny,

Sox are starting to live up to their expectations for this year.

Anderson is not ready in centerfield. I know you don't get excited about a home run or two from him when you see 25 other at bats that are absolutely HORRIBLE.

Too, we know, as Sox fans, that there is no love lost for any former Cubbie, except Garland (thanks for the #1 pick, Cub fans); but, please, get us a journeyman centerfielder for this year and let Brian get another year under his belt in AAA.

Brian may be a fine player down the road, but he is not ready for MLB at this time.

Saw that Corey Patterson is at .286 with Baltimore. Consider him as an option. Sammy is available but he can't play centerfield, although he likely can hit a "hon run" or two.

jp

I believe they will stick with Anderson until his bat becomes a problem. If the rest of the lineup keeps coming through they can carry him for awhile to see if he can get it going with the bat. From what I've seen, he appears to be a good defensive outfielder. Goes back real well on the ball and has deceptive speed, just seems to glide to the ball. Makes things look easy. Haven't really seen how he throws.

You've got to be kidding about Patterson. Don't need a 'tude problem from the northside.