Skip to main content

Reply to "Opinion on parent/coach conflict over health"

Originally Posted by Jim T.:
Originally Posted by playball2011:

dont agree w getting AD or principal involved at this time. Have a mtg w coach and get on same page, son should be there too! as well as assist coaches.

State expectations based on medical facts. Tell son he has to man up and not say he wants to keep pitching and speak up if he's tired or feels any pain. Discuss pitch limits and best way to move forward. 

Agree w TPM that son will be rusty for awhile. You said he Pitched 85 already this season in 7 innings. Now your upset over 68?  was he tired, or frustrated over his performance? We're you noticing his mechanics changing? Did he pitch well in 85 pitch game?  

Give situation one more try before going over his head to administration. 

You must not have read the post correctly.  Do you think 68 pitches in two innings (24 & 44) is less stressful than 85 over 7 innings?  So if a MLB guy is limited to 110 would you think it's ok to do it all in 1, 2 or 3 innings? 

It's not about "manning up".  You have no idea what you're talking about.  The medical conversation happened a long time ago.  One commenter had it right that you would not have a conversation around a scenario where he throws 68 pitches in two innings then heads back out again.  Why would that even enter the realm of possibility? 

Don't intend to do anything other than speak to the coach who still has not returned by call.   

U did not read my post correctly. Manning up has to do w son telling coach if he's tired or arm hurts and not going out again. Not saying he should have. Assume he didn't and another P went in for last 3 outs.

If I were coach he would not have gone 44.  I was just asking how his location was as a starter since his return from surgery. 

If you were worried about the 44 , 68 total you should have walked over and checked on him, not get into shouting match w coach across field. our coach,never allows parents near dugout, but would if it's a health issue. 

Hope it all works out for your sons arm