Skip to main content

Reply to "Opinion on parent/coach conflict over health"

Apparently I am not veteran enough or sharp enough to figure out who has multiple identities or whatever.  So if there is more history here I don't know it.  But let me try to be peacemaker here!  Lion is clearly frustrated and worried as we would all be in this situation.  It's like an argument with your spouse (like that TPM, non gender specific, almost said wife!) Arguing over who is at fault is a little like closing the barn door after the horse is gone.  Lion the only thing that matters now is what you do with your son from this day forward.  Next, as for number of posts...  why is this a topic that seems to come up now and then?  Who cares how much someone posts?  I post a lot.  Know why?  It brings me relaxation and enjoyment.  My knees are shot and I can no longer golf 18 on a saturday and 36 on a sunday.  I have kids coming out my ears and while everybody else in the house is watching tv I sit on my phone and do this.  It has become a hobby.  A source of relaxation.  That having been said some of us enter this site looking for an argument.   I know I did.  I was embroiled in a debate with someone, went looking for ammunition online.  Googled something and up popped a thread from HSBBW on the very topic.  Already in a fiesty mood from my debate with someone else I jumped right on got an ID and hammered away.  At the time I didn't give thought to if I would want to hang around this site.  Just yesterday I went back and read that first (for me) thread and wondered why I came off so angry.  I still know (not think lol.) That I was right but the way I went about it was a bit harsh.  Things here are getting a bit testy perhaps we should take a step back.  Lion I would encourage you to not block anyone.  Even if you don't like someone who knows when they might post something that will have a great impact on you?  Others, perhaps we could be a bit sensitive to the fact lion is hurting right now.  As for radar...  what is right and what is real are often times two different things.  Is it right for a college coach to pass judgement on a parent who likes to gun pitchers?  Probably not.  But is it a real possibility?   Yup.  And that's why I would probably never take the programs stalker out to my sons tournaments.  You can literally press the button on the pocket radar while it is in your pocket!  No comments here please usually a sweatshirt pocket!  Discrete.  Do about five pitches, return to where you were pull it out and check the history.  I have been a pitching coach far longer than I have been a parent.  I am afraid it is a habit I will not break.  Like anything else its not always what you do or say but how you do or say it!  Time to sing kumbaya (yes I have no idea how to spell that and no I am not going to waste time looking it up!)

P.S. sorry for the long post!