Skip to main content

Reply to "Opinions needed by this Thanksgiving weekend"

Since we did virtually nothing his junior year to expose him at the various showcases/tourneys, we figured we would do everything we could this year. Despite respectable outings at different events so far, little interest has been shown to date. So we are hoping for some of the scenarios others have talked about in early/mid spring. To accomplish that he must perform at his best, and stay injury free. I'd really kick myself if he tore an ACL playing basketball and was not able to go to events in the winter or play in the spring. Hence the main reason I counseled him to skip basketball, and concentrate on baseball and conditioning. He made the decision, but it certainly was influenced by my view. So I am just trying to make sure I guided him correctly. Normally I do not have doubts nor second guess myself, but this is something that has given me pause.

We have a big decision to make this weekend, so hopefully the advice I'm talking in here will help me to help him make a definitive decision.