Skip to main content

Reply to "Options for a 2023"

@$tinky posted:

Yeah its not like I feel like a 3.0 is bad.  He does have some accommodations in school currently which do help him considerably.

When those are taken away and he's on his own, I worry how he'll do.

He wants to go to college.  I'm not sure if he wants it because that's the route to continue baseball.  Maybe he wants it because that's what all the other kids say they want.  I mean nowadays it seems rare for a kids to say, I'm not going to college, instead I'm gonna work construction or get into hvac repair.   

Many colleges offer the same accommodations as public school systems.  Especially public colleges.  Some are better than others, I bet the moms of an ADHD support group in your area would know off the cuff which ones are great and which ones to avoid, but these days they have support centers for students with IDEA protections (ADHD is one).  My youngest (NOT a baseball player) had brain surgery last year and did some follow up testing with a neuropsychologist last week.  He brought up to me the next time he needs to see her was spring of her senior year so we can get everything updated and ready for us to arrange her accommodations in college. Preferably before she decides which school to attend so we can make sure it's a good fit for her special needs.

Yes, it will make your search harder to find a good school fit and good baseball fit.  But really it's no different than kids on the other end who are looking for a high academic fit and baseball fit.

Best of luck.