Skip to main content

Reply to "Osama bin Laden"

The former Marine inside me wants to yell out Oooh Rah for our brave men who carried out this intense manuever last night! That slime dog deserved the bullet that ended his miserable and wretched life.

Did I get up last night and celebrate at the news of his death? No. But I smiled and took a deep sigh of relief at his demise.

You see leftyshortstop, I hear what you're saying. And I am truly empathatic to your personal loss and experiences over this entire ordeal. But I do believe in time that you and your wife WILL see something change for the both of you. Because as long as bin laden lived he exemplified the evil and terror that each of us Americans must live with each and every day. His living was a daily reminder that he was still winning and gave motivation to the many, many other terrorist cells that formed and sought to destroy our ways of life. Some, like you, have become numb possibly over these 10yrs because you haven't been able to let go due to the fact that he was STILL alive and well! I hope that in his death over time that you and your wife will experience that since of relief that has been due you for a very long time. That sense of finality and closure. I truly do.

I think for many of us that this will be a long process for us all to deal with this news. I'm not sure that I'm anywhere close to what this means for me. But today I can feel a deep sense of pride within me for the lives sacrificed by our young men and women who lost their very lives trying to bring this man to justice, and help keep our soil here in America safe.

I for one have not enjoyed living here in this country the past 10 years where I have had to look back over my shoulder every day because of an anticipated attack or explosion. This man changed each and every one of ours lives and how we live. I'm sick and tired of it. And now I believe that we may now be able to have a collective sigh of relief.

Today is a great day to be an American.

YGD