Skip to main content

Reply to "Our Dear Friend FutureBack.Mom - Mary Ann Shappi"

The occasion of the Chicago White Sox playing in the World Series against the Houston Astros back in '05 inspired Bullwinkle to start a lighthearted thread regarding the series. It looked like fun, and being a White Sox fan, it made it even more exciting.

Although I had only been a member of this site for a few short months, I mustered up enough courage to step in and try to be my silly self, a bit nervous about how I might be received. I posted a few comments and who do you suppose jumped right in to have some good, clean, and old fashioned fun? FutureBack.Mom of course... God bless her! Before it was done I had made over 100 posts...spurred on by her lively give and take.

We, along with others, had a particularly enjoyable evening and that night remains my most memorable on this great site. I met a remarkably warm, clever, intelligent, and caring person...someone who took the time to engage a relative newcomer and make him feel welcome. My respect and fondness for FutureBack.Mom was immediate and deep, and over time it never diminished...it only was bolstered as I got to know her.

It is apparent from all of the fine comments in this thread that Mary Ann's legacy is secure. She lived her life to the fullest and continues to contribute substantially to the reservoir of goodness...her warmth, friendliness, compassion, and steadiness are so precious and necessary. We are all much better having known Mary Ann and learning from her.

So as she gazes down on her family and friends, let's reward Mary Ann with actions and behavior that will bring a gentle smile to her face...she will know that the decent life she lived will certainly have been very worthwhile.

The world will forever remain a better place for having Mary Ann grace its bounds.