Skip to main content

Reply to "Our Dear Friend FutureBack.Mom - Mary Ann Shappi"

Nope, that is NOT how I pictured Mary Ann!!!!! Thanks for posting the photo----she is beautiful----as are catchmom and UrKillingMeBlue!

So few of us actually met her.....yet how can we all be so sad? It’s the magic of this website, but more importantly, it is the magic of Mary Ann. We DID know her. She was so easy to know and even easier to like and respect.

I recall one weekend this past spring when she and some other girl friends posted….it was as if we were 13 years old at a slumber party! Yet we weren’t----- we were just moms of baseball-playing sons. We didn't necessarily have much in common, we lived all over the country, had never met, yet somehow we connected to each other through our computers and became friends……..What a world! What a website!

Woody suggested that we reward Mary Ann with actions and behavior which will make her smile….I agree. She had class and grace and dignity and a great sense of humor. She was definitely one of those people for whom the phase “When ++++++++ talks, people listen” was written. I did, anyway.

Her faith was inspirational and admirable. I always took the time to read her signature line, no matter what it was, or how many times I had read it before. I felt that if a passage was special to Mary Ann, it should have meaning for me, too. She never failed me!

What a profound loss we are experiencing. What a profound loss her family has. The world mourns her, too. It is a small world, and one which is a little less wonderful right now.

I shall miss her. May eternal rest be granted to her, perpetual light shine upon her, and may she rest in peace. Amen.
Last edited by play baseball