Skip to main content

Reply to "Our Dear Friend FutureBack.Mom - Mary Ann Shappi"

Hello, old friends---

The grapevine, sadly, wound its way to me late last night when I was devastated to learn that the torch of seniority in the original LOBBY (Kathy---luvbb---the acronym more mischievously stood for "Lil Ol Biddy Brigade Yo") had unexpectedly, tragically passed to me. I have not visited here in a very long while...I am stunned at the news.

Highlandermom (aka: Mary Ann and various, more recent aliases) and I found a "not-so-six-degrees-of-separation" connection very early on in our hsbbweb "careers." Turns out that she was actually more of a PAmom than I, having been raised in Pittsburgh (I am from Cleveland). One of the most hilarious exchanges I still recall with a giggle involved speaking "Pittsburghese" throughout an entire thread. "Yinz goin' dahntahn to watch the Stillers play?" "Sure, after I redd up the hahse."
SAY WHAT??!! Confused

More silliness occurred in the LOBBY---with "Hairy" and Cankles and Men Tasting Like Chicken (forgive us, for we know not what we do!). The Birthday Board was wonderful, as were the laughs and the tears and the daily hugs from all of the baseball moms. Loopy Wafflebiscuits (aka: Mary Ann, thanks to URKMB!), in the middle of it all, relished her many roles as a hsbbweb original.

But as many of you know, faith and family FIRST were the driving forces in Mary Ann's too short life. She had it right. She lived it right. We know that today, Mary Ann resides in the answer to my signature line.

And that answer is: "YES!"