Skip to main content

Reply to "Our Summer Team and Summer Schedule (2025's)"

We can open this topic up a bit because frankly our forums are almost dead right now with not much to talk about.   Indeed Texas is an enormous state and I don't see any need to travel outside those confines.  My understanding from being a member here for years is that certain areas of Texas (e.g., Houston, Dallas, San Antonio) are crawling with scouts.  Ohio is also large geographically but we also play teams from Michigan, Pa, Canada, Kentucky, West Virginia, and western New York, for example that travel.  Our team did not travel outside the state last year but the Columbus trip is three hours and the Cincinnati trip is four hours, for example.  We'd have to travel to Dayton to get six hours within the state (far northeast to the far southwest part of the state).  Two years ago we travelled to Ripken in South Carolina and that was a great experience.  Our team is a good team.  We don't have elite pitching but it is very good and we are good at fielding and hitting.  I estimate we have one or two D1 players, maybe a D2, and probably every kid can at least play at the next level at a JUCO or D3 school, for example. 

TxballDad - tell about your 2025 team if you don't mind.  Anyone else who might like to share about their upcoming 2025 team (or other class) please feel free to share as well.