Skip to main content

Reply to "Our updates"

Hopefully @MidAtlanticDad will chime in here, he has a lot of experience with Virginia D3s, as do several other posters.

In fact, I'm wondering whether you might want to ask a question in a new  thread, with a topic that might get more of a response.

My sense is that many HA D3 baseball coaches get more than 3 slots for admissions.  The key thing is to listen carefully to what the coaches are telling you.  If they say "if you get in, you have a place on the team," it's different from "I have four almost-guaranteed slots and you will have one of them."

In almost all cases, these are offered after what's known as a pre-read, where the player sends transcript and (possibly) test scores to the coach, who runs it past the athletics' admissions rep.

Yes, it is prob more than 3, esp at the Ivies. But the top 2-3 are locks; the rest are not.

Pre-reads happen over the summer, mid-June through mid-July. They take a few weeks.

The HC generally will call after or the student may get a "likely letter". If the student wants to play ball at that school, they'll have to apply ED1, deadline 11/1 or 11/15, with notification 12/1 or 12/15. Deadline to make a deposit signalling enrollment is usually January.