Skip to main content

Reply to "Our updates"

The higher your GPA ,standardized test score, exit velocity, position velocity, fast ball velocity, and spin rate all help to make you a better fit for any of those institutions.

All I am looking for is an algebraic formula with the above inputs that will point me towards the right school.

On a more serious note, can someone tell me what the typical timetable for the typical recruit (not top 2-3)?  Is winter/spring of junior year a good starting point or were kids getting identified during the summer?  Still trying to get a firm grip on when mid-majors complete their recruiting lists (except for filling needs late) and when some of the HA D1's really start digging in.

Mid-majors are making offers to 2024's (rising juniors) right now. The HA D1's are also looking at 2024s.

The difference between the two is grades and test scores. HA D1's finalize their lists a bit later, as they await junior year grades and test scores.

Winter/spring of junior year is too late to get on the radar, unless a big milestone has recently been met (e.g. 95mph EV, 90mph pitch). Summer before junior year, or fall of junior year at the latest, is the time to get on the coaches list at the desired schools.

If a player is not getting interest at the level they want by halfway through junior year, it is time to think about downshifting to the next level.

Last edited by SpeedDemon