Skip to main content

Reply to "Our updates"

@SpeedDemon - No worries.   You just hit on one of those things that really bothered me in the recruiting process.  In my mind it does not make logical sense to pick one guy with less skill over another guy with more skill...it is an illogical justification.  Sensitive is probably a word 99.99% of people would not use to describe me with the possible exception of my mother.

In all seriousness & honesty, I don't understand why coaches put so much emphasis on the "Projectability"...its a dirty word if you are a recruit and a Coach says that.   As a HC, your success and livelihood is measured on wins, losses, conference championships... I'm recruiting the the guy that can help me win now.  There is no future ifs.   Too often I see extremely capable guys get passed over for future unproven talent because of their pedigree, size, speed, or whatever.  As a hiring mgr in a company, give me the guy who can do the job today & tomorrow....don't give me the guy who may be able to do the job in the future.   Baseball managers take unnecessary risks with these guys, and it is everywhere.   I would go so far as to say that a lot of these "P" guys will end up in the transfer portal.   I just don't like the word or how it is used in college baseball.   

You can change the word, but it still means the same thing.

JMO.

Last edited by fenwaysouth