Skip to main content

Reply to "Outfield numbers"

quote:
And can coaches or parents of college players help with how rosters are filled out?

Sorry, I misinterpreted your question, but believe it, or not, there are those parents who want input on the roster.

A college coach might explain their recruiting process more specifically, but it would likely follow the same generic process that I described earlier.

A college coaches explanation of the process would likely include that generic process as is relates to his current/projected rosters of players.

I don't think they are likely to do that, and, it could also further confuse you.

I think that most coaches, that are truly interested in recruiting your son, will explain to him how they see your son eventually contributing to the team.

You can take that explanation and look at the prior, current, and expected future rosters to see if will seem to work out.

But, no one really can know what that future roster is going to look like on the first day of spring, or even from week to week.

Baseball's "up the middle" pecking order is the same division to division.

The "up the middle" pecking order is impacted by the MLB, Division I, Division II, juco pecking order.

From a purely baseball perspective, MLB gets who they want, then Division I. Jucos and the rest slug it out.
Last edited by FormerObserver