Skip to main content

Reply to "Over-recruiting at D-III??"

JT, congratulations. IMO, your posting has given you the "hands on" experience of what recruiting and being recruited is about. JVC has done a very good job of presenting the coaches perspective. He talks glowingly of the skills of the recruit(3 with DI offers) and also speaks to the players desire to compete and excel(only recruit the best.) When you are a parent/player who wants to play in college, this is very powerful to hear. As the player and parent, you need to know more, much more.
In this thread, parents have given you some wonderful insight in how to deal with the coach and how to sort out how your son will fit in that program. As JVC states, he has 3 catching recruits and if he gets all 3, then he has to figure out the top 2. IMO,it is your role to take the experiences/advice of parents who have been through the process and use the suggestions they are offering to minimize the concerns you have expressed and satisfy your self where your son fits in those 3 catchers if they each commit and each work extremely hard. I will emphasize that the coach who recruited my son was very clear from day 1 what he expected to happen if mine worked hard and the coach exceeded every recruiting committment he made.