Skip to main content

Reply to "Overated v. Underated players"

Posted by Daddio

quote:
In todays day and age don't you think maybe it is getting somewhat justified? I mean if you're not 6' or above, or 180 lbs or above, PG wont even come close to giving you the rating or promotion you deserve. To them, size ia all that matters to them these days. Are they really **** justice to the many talented kids that are not of that size?

Are showcases these days promotion tools or are they money makers? Certainly a topic of discussion for a long time. With the addition of BBWebTv and Crosschecker, don't you think that issue for PG has gotten even more clouded?

Daddio,

Please do some research before making accusations. And are you saying things like Crosschecker and Baseballwebtv are somehow BAD for the young players today?

Two of our highest ranked 07 prospects are about 5'10" or 5'11". We ranked 6'0" Scott Kazmir #1 in his high school class over the BIGGER boys! Lastings Milledge, Andrew McCutchen, Jeremy Jeffress, John Drennen, Jeremy Hellickson, Kasey Kiker, Derrick Robinson, Torre Langley, etc., etc., etc. All less than 6 foot tall!

Oh yea!!! I forgot they all paid us! That's why we promoted them! Thanks for telling us because I thought it was because of their talent.

Listen, I get pissed when people just don't get it!!!! We do not play favorites! Talent is what counts!!! 952 of the 1502 players drafted this year attended PG events. 27 of the first 30 players picked. 38 who were selected in the first round and supplemental first round!

Over 3,000 players who have been drafted over the past 5 years have attended PG events. That includes about 140 first rounders. Every year the DI College World Series teams are loaded with kids who played in PG events. Do your research and then talk!

Are you suggesting that kids should not attend these events? If you are... that is flat out terrible advice you are giving to young players and parents of talented kids!

Please give examples if you want to make accusations! It's people like you that make me want to do something other than what we do. You have NO idea how much work it is or how much money it costs to do everything possible to help these kids. The divorce rate within our organization is extremely high. I'm really getting sick of the cheap shots!