Skip to main content

Reply to "PA Threesome - Gettysburg, Dickinson, Franklin & Marshall"

All of these are great schools, it all depends on your son and how he feels he fits in with each school & baseball program. I am an F&M alum and graduated long ago, but loved my experience and still continue to connect with my fellow alums. It also made me a great believer in the LA education to promote critical thinking, and broad learning. Don't know a thing about the baseball team, except that I had our 2017 pitcher consider it. As much as I would have liked him to attend F&M, -- we live in the South and there are plenty of good schools that are closer to us.

Our son is seriously considering Sewanee - (mentioned in post above) - great school, beautiful campus - 13K acres of outdoor possibilities, baseball team on the rise and an unparalleled level of respect for students and teachers he had not seen elsewhere on tours and visits.  Unique traditions also and ranked 12th in "Best Undergraduate Teaching," from USNews & WR. 

He also really liked Roanoke College - a gem of a college and in a great location. solid academics, great walkable town of Salem and next to Roanoke, small sized city. Team plays in minor league field, and newly opened Cregger athletic Center rivals any D1 facility.

Catholic U was also impressive - it's in the heart of DC - so lots of opportunities for internships, solid, respected academics and a lovely campus, field next to campus and great athletic facility. 

Best of luck to your son as he makes his decision. As previous posters all of these are great choices. For our son, all of his opportunities are also great choices. His father and I would be happy/proud of any that he selects in the end.