Skip to main content

Reply to "PARADE REPORTS: INTENSE PRESSURE CAUSES YOUNG SPORTS PLAYERS TO DROP OUT IN RECORD NU"

Intense Pressure with any activity will do the trick. Sports is no different than anything else today. I have seen it both in the classroom and on the field. A parent wants their kid to do well. Nothing wrong with that. Wants an A in math. Not an A student. Wants the kid to be the starting second baseman or get a scholarship. Does not have the tools. That is the reality of the situation but they press everybody including the kid for something that is not there or if it was the way it is handled turns the kid off and he just throws up his hands and gives up. So it works both ways.
Being a parent is the toughest job. When you have a child they dont come with directions or warranties. It is sort of learning as you go. Everybody gives you advice but you are the one that has to act. I have said this before when I see a 5 year old kid wearing a shirt saying such and such league t ball all star or as I have seen on this site discussions about tryouts for a 6 year old traveling team the ingredients are in motion at an early age for pressure to succeed.