Skip to main content

Reply to "Parent Meddling"

On Sunday I got on our catcher a bit too hard during a game because he wouldn't stay down on the ball and then after a couple key passed balls that weren't even in the dirt and might have gotten strike calls I pulled him when I changed pitchers after he also talked back about staying down.

His Dad read me the riot act after the game. I just stood there and took it as is my policy on these things.

Last night my son was taking a hitting lesson and out of nowhere the hitting instructor who had seen the first couple innings of Saturday's game tells me that he got on my catcher because the kid hadn't gone to his knees on a single pitch while the hitting instructor was there. This was after their catching instructor had worked hard with the kid on that aspect of the game. I asked the hitting instructor if the catching instructor had also worked with the kid on getting rid of the ball quickly and the answer was yes as I had anticipated. Popping up and being ready to throw is a lot more fun than staying down and blocking the low balls.
Last edited by CADad