Skip to main content

Reply to "Parent Meddling"

Starzz, Very good post, and well thought out. I have seen many high school and college coaches at work over the years, and have seen the real quite ones and the loud obnoxious ones both in games and at practice. I have seen the quiet parents and the obnoxious parents also.

There is a coach in your area who is retired now, but was without a doubt, the best coach I have ever seen......no one is even close to him. He picked his spots, but I have seen him really get after a player in a game, but not all the time. I have seen him ream players in practice much more often, and have seen him ream parents who butted in too.

He won 17 State Championships in 23 years and had more kids drafted and given scholarships than any coach in the Western US. I would have given anything to have him coach my boys, but we moved when they were young. He was so good, that I would fly into Vegas and just go watch his team practice, because I would see everthing that was needed in about 2 hours, and saw everthing taught the way it should be taught.Scouts were even afraid of him, but every parent wanted their boys to play for him.
Last edited by bbscout