Skip to main content

Reply to "Parental Hold-back year.. NCAA rule???"

Originally Posted by 2020dad:
Again I will play devil's advocate here.  Why do we care so much what others do?  If you want to hold your kid back (and the kid agrees) then do it.  What do I care?  If it is for athletic reasons who cares?  If this kid has a better athletic experience and gains much needed confidence and maybe some great memories why is that bad?  I have not personally held any of my five kids back for sports reasons so I don't have a dog in this fight.  I just don't know why we always care so much here what other people do.  Live and let live.  Let everyone decide for themselves what is right for their families.

My only answer is that this is a chat board, somewhat anonymous...it's a place for people to put their thoughts on posted matters.  If this was real life and johnny cross the street was held back, and I whispered to some other parent in the parking lot how crazy they were, it would be gossip.  Chat boards just need to be taken for what they are.  This one has opened my mind to a lot of baseball and sports matters that I am currently living with my son.  It has helped me gain perspective.