Skip to main content

Reply to "Parents call cops on coach, coach arrested"

I’ll guess when the kid wouldn’t leave the plate the coach cupped his hand around the back if the neck and pushed him towards the bench. It was probably better then grabbing him by the front of the jersey or in a Full Nelson. The coach was probably trying to get his player out of there before he got tossed.

I’ve sat in the stands at this school’s football games. They’re a football, hockey and baseball powerhouse. They’re one of the Catholic private schools that doesn’t (wink, wink) recruit and competes against public high schools for section and state titles. At least they’re in a conference of Catholics that don’t (wink, wink) recruit. 

Do people understand the difference between Catholic privates and Catholic high schools? The difference is 10-15K per year. It’s a parade of Mercedes, Beemers and Volvo’s to their games. There’s a sense of entitlement and superiority at schools like this. Westwood is near Foxboro. Almost every son of Patriot’s players old enough to be in high school play(ed) football there. 

When my son was a soph he was punched out with the bases loaded on a 3-2 pitch that was a few inches off the plate. He turned to the ump and said, “What the” and stopped. His coach yelled at him. He told him to shut up and get in the dugout.” When it was time to go back in the field he was told to stay on the bench. 

After the game my son complained to me he didn’t need to be yanked from the game. I only responded, “Yes, you did.” End of conversation.

Last edited by RJM