Skip to main content

Reply to "Parents call cops on coach, coach arrested"

RJM posted:

New coaching technique ...

This is the right way to execute should you be inclined to do so. If not, do it your way. I don’t want to incur your wrath. I’m here to serve you. 

If you think travel has more influence on getting to the next level now, just wait. At some point benching a player will be emotional abuse. Principals will counter by demanding no one sits, everyone bats. High school coaches will be glorified baby sitters. Baller’s parents tell travel coaches to do what is needed to turn their kid into the best player possible, 

It's already here. Some schools stopped cutting kids, everybody in the program get a letter, physical punishment (running, pushups, sit-ups) no longer allowed because it messed with the players' psyche. I'm not making this up. 

It is a problem that goes far beyond baseball, it is just making it's way into sports now. When you enable people and a culture for too long, it because dangerous and cult like. I'm not sure why people are surprised considering I can't use the word ma'am at work anymore without be fired.