Skip to main content

Reply to "Parents of pitchers"

I’m with PGStaff, listening on the radio is very nerve wracking. I've had to get up and walk away from the radio. I’ve only seen one game live on TV where he pitched. It didn’t seem to bother me too much. Setting in the stands watching him pitch doesn’t bother me either. I always feel as if the pitching coach is in charge of the situation. If he gets in trouble then the responsibility rest with the coach. I admit I did get frustrated at one game during his senior year of high school. There were about ten scouts watching him pitch and he wasn’t hitting his spots with much consistency. I had to leave the ballpark and walk the isles of Wal-Mart. I have never been one to say anything during the game.
Being a catcher/pitcher I get compare the “parental stress” of two positions. It is much more nerve wracking for me to have the tying or go ahead run at third base and the possibility of a passed ball or a wild pitch costing the game than it is to be on the mound under any situation. noidea
Fungo

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Last edited {1}