Skip to main content

Reply to "Parents vs. Coach: Battle goes wild...."

I stand corrected and apologize to Will, rz1 and pg. I haven't taken offense at the topic or the direction of the thread. I have been where this coach is. I also had a group of parents very upset with my coaching style ... (different sport than basebal) I have been attacked by a parent and the end result wasn't too good for that parent. I felt terrible for the boy. Dad bit off more than he could chew.

However, the basic tenant of my questioning remains. According to whom should I be judged an "expert" and by what criteria? Could you find a thousand people that know more baseball than I. I would be so lucky as to limit it to a thousand. Can you find parents currently that don't like my coaching style? I can think of one right now. (Just Learning, quit laughing as you read this!) Let me tell you based upon any of those criteria, I pale in comparison to many in the game. Can you find those that can get after it, make their kids want to get after it, create an atmosphere based upon fearlessness, competition, guts, pain, endurance, inspiration, perhaps but I can give them a run for their money in those regards. So again, what is an expert?
Last edited by CoachB25