Skip to main content

Reply to "Parents vs. Coach: Battle goes wild...."

EH...

Pepperdine or Cal Lutheran? Hope you got "some help" in either case. At Pepperdine, he'll be playing with Barry Enright who both of my sons played with (bb, s****r, swimming, et al). Barry was over at St.Mary's and our's at Lincoln. Errecart, who played with Karl, had a great Rookie Ball season in Helena. Enright should go high in the Draft this next year.

Some say that Karl could go as high as top 10 rounds this next year, but then comes the negotiations with Team Rumsfeld to see if they'll let him do the David Robinson thing. Karl had 9 HR's in 6 Fall Ball scrimmages. He's now 6'3", 220 and the latest measure in the tank was 9% body fat. The beauty of the Academies is there's just not much to spend your time on, except your grades, your body... and from a parent's perspective, you know where your kid is on any given Thursday night... no keggers in Pattie Canyon.

Kendall's in the fight of his life at Navy. Word has it he may have won the starting spot at SS as a Plebe (hope that doesn't jinx him). He has only been allowed off the Yard once since Parents Weekend in mid-August. He actually seems to be enjoying himself... even the Head Coach called wondering about that one.

The Battle of da B*** Brothers is February 23, when Air Force plays Navy at Team USA Park outside Memphis. The media is already playing this one up:

http://recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060723/SPORTS/607230316

See you out at the ol' Ballpark. Say hi to your better half for me. She always was one of my favorites...

Many years ago in Scotland , a new game was invented. It was ruled "Gentlemen Only...Ladies Forbidden"...and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language.