Skip to main content

Reply to "Pastime 18U National Championship"

Regretfully I have to chime in.

-Valpo is 2.5 hours away from Indianapolis!
-Marion was a dump a few years ago and understand it is about the same now and why the field isn't being used.
-You are living in a dream world if you think you have earned the right or can even believe that travel ball tournaments need to host all games on college facilities. If you think you have earned this or that it should be expected, go see a doctor!
-Your Wal-Mart comparison, are you serious?
-You keep saying how getting high school fields is something of efficiency as opposed to reality or a necessity. If I want to attend a National event I fully expect there to be some sort of park facility, high school fields, and hopefully a collegiate field or two being used. I don't see this as convenience or efficiency. This is common sense and required to put on large events. Show me city or a location with 12 quality college fields within 30 minutes of each other and you will have your point but until then you are speaking to the birds.
-You keep suggesting you want a national event but it sounds as though you don't want many teams to attend. Does this make much sense to anyone else. If I want a National event I want as many teams as the host can get. 50, 75, 150, 300, the more the better! That's what it is all about.
-Had you been around the block or in a rodeo like this before you, too, would know that teams drop out and withdraw from events like this on a daily basis now. Your schedule changing is the ordinary, not the exception. Same thing happens at Wal-Mart when the truck with Kraft Mac-n-Cheese doesn't arrive. The shelves get stacked differently and things change. Chaos, I don't it. You even stated the communication went well didn't you.

Basically what you are saying is you understand that travel baseball and tournament hosting has become a business but you want to be the government and control the process and limit how it is ran. You don't want there to be too many teams. You don't want there to be high school fields use. And you believe Wal-Mart shouldn't have their name on it. Basically you are an army guy that wants Communism in the USA! Hoooooraaaaaa!