Skip to main content

Reply to "Paul Byrd and HGH Report"

As MLB (and MiLB, for that matter) are coming down like a ton of feathers on this, I've got no problem with the media outing suspects.

'Just say no' isn't all that easy. You all know how strong the dream can be with your boys. We talk about 'exposure' here --- well, hitting the ball further and throwing the ball harder get you noticed. Being bigger gets you noticed. If nature hasn't provided these edges, there is 'better living through chemistry'.

With all the money parents are spending on equipment, camps, and travel teams, do you think there aren't any spending on HGH?

The first time my son was offered steroids, he was a freshman in hs. There has yet to be a level where he hasn't known of multiple players on PED's. And all along the way, testing has been minimal to nonexistent.

Just like nj, I want a level playing field for my son. Just like every other real fan of the game, I want a true contest.

And what I'd really like to see is a purge. You get caught, you're out. Fifty games, then on to instrux to make up for the lost time simply says 'we gotta do this kid, but hey --- we admire your commitment'.
Last edited by Orlando