Skip to main content

Reply to "Pay It Forward Recruiting Advice from a 2019 Mom"

Having been through it twice, both LHP's.  Finding the right organization is key.  Both of my sons had great organizations, 2 different ones.  They were the catalyst in the recruiting process.  The first son's hs coach had no contacts and I was the youngest one's so that was a mute point.  The organizations did a great job of being the go between in the process.  They put them in the right situations to be seen and connected us once the coaches wanted to talk.  But WE had to do the leg work.  We wrote the emails, we sent the updates, we did the website.  If you are looking for anyone to get your kid an offer, you are putting your eggs in the wrong basket.  I say we because I disagree with the ones on here who put it all on their kids.  They are 14-15 year olds when they are recruited in today's world and they have no clue about life.  I kept mine involved but had to do much of the work because they had no idea.  If your son is not being recruited until they are juniors that might be a different situation. 

I will add don't ever burn a bridge.  My son is where he is because he built relationships with coaches who moved and were fired and it came full circle that they helped him get where he wanted to be even though they were not recruiting him anymore.