Skip to main content

Reply to "Pay It Forward Recruiting Advice from a 2019 Mom"

Congrats to you! I second what everyone else has said - you crafted a great email with lots of great information for those going through the process now. It's an emotional roller coaster to say the least with this process. But boy do WE all learn a lot! I knew nothing when I stumbled across this website. I learned a lot and if I had another one in the wings, I would know what to do better next time. Sure, we made mistakes and were late getting into the recruiting game, but we put our heads down and did what we could with the information we had been given here and let the cards play out. Since we were late in the process, I would add to others who might also be late in starting, don't give up! You can make up ground but "casting a wide net" wasn't much of an option for us once we really started looking at the timing of things. For us, we had to target those schools we really were interested in and stay on top of communication. It worked out in the end and we are anxiously looking forward to seeing how this plays out in the Fall/Spring. I send many thanks to anyone who offered advice when I asked and offered PM's as well.