Skip to main content

Reply to "Pay It Forward Recruiting Advice from a 2019 Mom"

Holy mackerel I have read these recruiting threads more times than I can remember. I mean that literally because I go back and start reading them again and about half way through I recognize that I have read them before. For me the process is a mystery that has so many facets that you never know which way to jump. There are so many opinions as to camps, PBR, PG and which coaches are going to help that I don't know exactly which way to go. Our HS coach doesn't seem to have any direction. The travel coach changes each year. I know their names but I don't have a a working relationship with any of them. That is mostly due to the threads warning parents to never converse with the coach. We are looking at local D2 colleges and a couple of them have camps coming up soon. I think the boys should attend, and the price is cheap but based on many of the opinions here I don't know if it is even worth doing. This is their junior year so I need to start making critical choices and I don't want to mess this up. Advice? And yes, I am as nervous about this as a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs.