Skip to main content

Reply to "PBR - Prep Baseball Report"

My 2017 has been to 2 Illinois PBR events. They were both well run events and he enjoyed them. My main beef with PBR is the bias shown toward certain high schools or organizations when it comes to being selected for their "invite only" events. Last summer when I saw the roster for the 2017 Top Prospect Games, two of our local high schools had 8-10 of their players selected. Some were from a freshman team that was .500 in the spring. Another insulting fact was one player asked to play was a 2018 grad. Great for him, but I'm sorry he is not a prodigy and he definitely took a spot for another deserving 2017 player.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying these schools don't have some quality players because they do. And if you are a stud you will probably find your way to that event, politics or not. I understand these are HS sophomores that haven't been seen very much up to this point and some kids are going to be left out. That is my main rip toward PBR, otherwise they have done a good job promoting baseball talent when it is truly deserved.