Skip to main content

Reply to "PBR ??"

Ohio Dad posted:

"MY 2019 IS 5,8 150 LBS"

"pg has seen him from they told me at another event , but he hasn't been to them yet,, TBH I see PBR loves private schools if your kid goes to one they love it..this is my view. comparing what I see , this is not always the case, just my 2 cents

PBR loves to pump up certain programs too, some may argue , just do the homework.

my kid will go to more PBR events ,since hes been invited to them , but I don't take them to be 100% spot on, then again no one is,"

Have to chime in on this one.  In Ohio, PBR, ABSOLUTELY pumps up players from certain travel programs, as well as certain high school programs.  It is clearly obvious, and almost comical at times, regarding some of the things they say about borderline players (but they play in the "right" program), and the numbers they supposedly tested out at (exit velocity, running speed, pops, etc.)  Very political in my mind.  They rarely run a 60 at their events, and I have not a clue how they measure the home to first times (faster kids, getting slower times.  Faster (in general) lefty in the box, getting slower home to first times than a slower (for a fact) right-hander in the box.  Would like to see them be more high-tech in most areas.  Generic right ups for most players.  

Had a summer team father/friend (from Pennsylvania) bring his son across the border for an Ohio event (was looking to improve his numbers, and PA had no events planned at the time).  He was very disappointed in the quality of the Ohio event, as compared to what he was used to over in Pennsylvania.  

I can't see my son attending any PBR events.  I have noticed that there are many college signees that have never been rated by PBR, but they are playing D1 no matter. Being on the right summer/fall teams seems to matter the most.    

Have watched the PBR Ohio site for quite a few years now (and know, have seen, and my son has played with many of their top-rated players), and the patterns are obvious.  Will be following the highly rated kids, moving forward, and hoping they succeed.  Will also likely see quite a few who do not.  Over selling means you have to produce once you get there.  Only time will tell.  

Last edited by c2019